As you may remember from my last blog, I have been spending more time with my knitting, but quite frankly I have knitted enough sweaters for everyone on my 2014 Christmas list. And just wait ‘til you see the sweater vest I knitted for Mike Premo. It will go great with the bow tie.
So what now?
Well, I was thinking that since we have spent almost two years talking to, and working with, a number of airlines on their merchandising strategies and approaches, we thought it might be fun to categorize some of the more interesting findings on this very hot topic for airlines, consumers, travel agencies, corporations, and technology providers alike.
So that’s what we are going to do. We are going to write about some of the challenges, opportunities, and learnings around the topic of airline merchandising gleaned over the past two years. It will be fun, a bit controversial, and, most of all, informative by providing a foundation for continuing productive dialogue, debate, and innovation surrounding this most important topic.
So what do we have teed up for the next few months?
• “Top 10 Reasons Not to Get Started with Airline Merchandising”
• “Oh, the Things We’ve Heard: Memorable Quotes and Quips from Airline, Agency, and Distribution Folks Around the World as They Discuss the Concept of Airline Merchandising”
• “Why the UX Never Sleeps, So Neither Can We: Our World Has Changed, But Have We?”
• “The Last Mile: Merchandising Through the Travel Agency Channel”
• “We Know Merchandising Creates Happy Customers More Revenue, But Cost Savings, Too?”
• “You Can Run, But You Cannot Hide: Mastering the Airline Silo Game”
That should keep me busy for a while. Although I’ve heard scrapbooking is making a come back…